Saturday, September 22, 2012

Rosslyn Zendo

Anjin Jimon 


The Rosslyn Zendo, in Arlington Virginia, is officially open.  Led by sangha member Anjin Jimon (Alex Yuan), the group meets in the Arlington Methodist Church.  Anjin has been attending the church for two years now, and approached the pastor a year ago about the idea of using the prayer room for meditation.  The pastor, a big supporter of meditation for Christians and Buddhists alike, was very receptive to the idea, so after a year of preparation, making the website, and posting flyers in the neighborhood, the Zendo is officially open.

Situated on top of the Rosslyn Metro Station, which is the main metro connection in Virginia for commuters going to Washington, D.C., Rosslyn Zendo is ideally located for people to stop in for a morning meditation on their way to work.  Anjin says:

“Today we have a solid group of about 2-3 people that show up every morning (including me) for 25 minutes of silent meditation. Although I meditate in the Zen tradition, others use chairs and meditate on bible verses. The impact on my daily routine has been amazing. I wake up much earlier and my mind seems less impulsive. It also helps me to be consistent – I get up early and unlock the church doors every morning, since I never know who might show up!”

Check out their website at www.rosslynzendo.com.

 
Also, check out the following video to see Alex interviewed at a Buddhist event in Arlington:

No comments:

Post a Comment