Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Meet Merelyn Tripolone

 
 
 
'If with kindly generosity
One merely has the wish to soothe
The aching hearts of other beings,
Such merit has no bounds.'
~ Kuan Yin
 
Hi Everyone,
 
My name is Merelyn Tripolone. I live on the Central Coast of NSW (Australia) with two cats “Ted” and “Tiny” and one dog “Hunter”.   I had previously studied aromatherapy together with two styles of yoga meditation and was looking for a local group to practice with. Quite by chance, became aware of a Zen Centre in our local area in 2011. I then contacted the teacher Hoka Matt Lawther and began a journey into Zen practice.
  
I found my home in Zen and have now been sitting with the Silky Oak Zen community for three years. I’ve become good friends with all the Sangha and have regularly attended weekly Zazen and Teisho, as well as incorporating Zen practice in my daily life.  I’ve also participated in all the Zendo activites including Zazenkai, “Mantras to Music”, weekly discussion meetings and other informal gatherings.    
 
In my first year at Silky Oak, we studied the basic tenets of Buddhism and I became particularly interested in how they relate to the study and practice of Zen. After regular Dokusan with Hoka, I had the wish become a student with The Boundless Mind Zen School. I now study and practice more formally and keep up with OBW activities.   
 
I also love art galleries and have become interested in Asian styles. There are so many beautiful representations of all the masters, Kuan Yin etc. I also love getting out in nature, walks along the waterfront, reading great books and watching interesting TV series. All of my activities now help me to understand the impermanence and interconnection of everything.   
 
It’s great to be part of our local and extended Sangha family, all over the world.
 
In the Dharma
Gassho
Merelyn


1 comment:

  1. Welcome! In deep Gassho, namaste, peace, and love to you.

    ReplyDelete